Jamón Ibérico de Bellota
Experience The World’s Finest Ham
Jamón Ibérico de Bellota—bellota means “acorn” in Spanish—is made from pigs that are slaughtered immediately after the acorn season, heightening the nutty richness of the jamón.
Bellota hams have the strongest fat penetration and disbursement, meaning the fat seeps between muscle fibers and creates an exterior coating. The Bellota ham absorbs the fattiness throughout, resulting in an amazingly succulent flavor.
At A Glance:
- The finest Spanish dry-cured ham
- Pigs are free ranging, never confined to cages or pens
- Pigs graze on grasses, herbs and acorns
- Curing and aging is a 20-month cycle, but can go for more than 24 months, depending on the weight of the ham
- Slice directly from the bone