Parmesan-Crusted Turkey Stuffed with Chorizo (Tradición) and Mozzarella
- 2 turkey escalopes (thinly sliced breasts)
- 12 Chorizo (Tradición) slices
- 1 mozzarella ball, fresh, sliced
- ½ cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 tbsp. panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp. cornmeal polenta (coarse)
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Pinch of sweet smoked paprika
- Lay three overlapping slices of chorizo on one side of the turkey.
- Place ½ of the mozzarella, sliced, on top; then another three slices of chorizo to sandwich the cheese.
- Roll the turkey to sandwich both and fold under the bottom layer.
- Take three bowls. In the first, put the flour; in the second, mix the eggs and milk; in the third, mix breadcrumbs, cornmeal and Parmesan cheese.
- Gently dust each turkey roll with flour, then dip each in the egg mixture and evenly coat with the breadcrumbs mixture.
- Place turkey rollups in the refrigerator for 15 minutes to set.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes at 425 degrees F.
- Let cooked turkey rest for 2 minutes, then serve.