Sage Risotto with Chorizo and Sweet Potato
8 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth (approx.)
Pinch saffron threads
1/4 cup butter, divided
1 pkg (4 oz) Campofrio Diced Chorizo Sarta Dulce
1 onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp chopped fresh sage
2 cups Arborio rice
1/2 cup dry sherry
1 cup diced sweet potato
1/4 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
2 tbsp toasted chopped almonds
2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- Heat chicken broth with saffron in saucepan set over medium heat; keep hot over low heat.
- Heat 2 tbsp butter in skillet set over medium heat; cook chorizo, onion, garlic and sage for about 3 minutes or until softened. Add rice; cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
- Add sherry; cook, stirring constantly, for about 3 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Add sweet potato. Ladle hot broth mixture into rice mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring after each addition until all liquid is absorbed, cooking for 20 to 25 minutes or until rice and sweet potato are tender. Stir in remaining butter.
- Ladle risotto into bowls. Garnish with Parmesan, almonds and parsley; drizzle with olive oil.
Tip: You can also add 1 cup frozen or fresh peas 1 minute before the end of risotto cooking time if desired.