Pumpkin, Chorizo & Feta Salad
4 cups cubed pumpkin (1/2-inch cubes)
1 pkg (4 oz) Campofrio Diced Chorizo
1 tbsp olive oil
8 cups mixed greens
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/4 cup chopped dried figs
1/4 cup chopped toasted walnuts
1 shallot, minced
1/3 cup olive oil
3 tbsp sherry vinegar
1 tsp honey
1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Toss together pumpkin, chorizo and olive oil; spread on parchment paper- or foil-lined baking sheet. Bake for 22 to 25 minutes or until pumpkin is fork-tender.
- Dressing: Whisk together shallot, oil, vinegar, honey, salt and pepper.
- In serving bowl, toss together dressing, mixed greens, pumpkin and chorizo; sprinkle with feta cheese, figs and walnuts.
- Substitute butternut squash for pumpkin if desired.
- For extra crunch, sprinkle with toasted pumpkin seeds.