Sarta (Mild) and Asiago Cheese Muffins
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 5 tsp. baking powder
- 4 oz. Sarta, sliced
- 2 cups milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. parsley, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup Asiago cheese, grated
- Cracked black pepper
- With a hand mixer blend the flour, baking powder and salt on slow speed.
- Slowly add butter, milk and eggs while mixing.
- Add chorizo, parsley and most of the Asiago cheese. Mix until evenly combined.
- Scoop into greased muffin tins.
- Top the muffins with the remaining cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 12-15 minutes until the tops have a golden-brown color.
- Serve with butter and coffee.